The Payments UK and techUK seventh annual 'Payments Innovation Conference' was held on Thursday 08 June 2017.
Themes and discussion points
With exciting speakers drawn from across the payments landscape, the programme for the day explored:
- What does success look like? How will the landscape evolve under the multiple forces of regulation, changes in governance, innovation and increased competition?
- How will the Payments Strategy Forum achieve a New Payments Architecture that is simple, accessible to new market entrants and which promotes innovation in the ‘interest of service-users’?
- Engaging the customer to fulfil the potential of Open Banking: how do we engage and educate customers on sharing data?
- Security and fraud: how should users be reassured on the security of online payments and shared data?
- Payments in the connected world: what changes will come from payment models through Distributed Ledger Technology, advances in Artificial Intelligence, and ‘robo-banking’?